cbaldridge88

I need to switch from owning house to renting a house

VictorW9

Please provide additional information so we can answer your question.

Juliesturiale

• Hi I'm Julie I just received my refund and it was only 98.00. I WAS SUPPOSE T RECEIVE  311.00 PLEASE CCAN YOU EXPLAIN TO ME WHI DIDNI GET LESS MONEY BACK
mesquitebean

@ Juliesturiale wrote:
  • I just received my refund and it was only 98.00. I WAS SUPPOSE T RECEIVE  311.00 PLEASE CCAN YOU EXPLAIN TO ME WHI DIDNI GET LESS MONEY BACK

This is a user community forum, but we can tell you some things to check.  Your topic is completely different from this thread's topic which is about owning/renting a house.   I'm not sure how your question about a refund ended up in this thread, but in any case, here's what to check:

What refund did you receive--a Federal or state refund?   Check the deposit description to see who it was from.  Is it from the IRS/US Treasury, a state tax agency, or an intermediary company? e.g., if you paid any fees out of the refund, it comes from an intermediary bank.

There are several possibilities.  First, what product did you use-- Free Edition, Deluxe, Premier, Self-Employed, etc.--and did you choose to pay any fees out of the Federal refund?   If so, in addition to the product fees that option also has a $40 service fee ($45 for California filers.)  Did you have any other add-ons such as MAX benefits, or the Live TurboTax option?

Or are you expecting both Federal and state refunds?   If so, they come separately.  So do not go by any "total refund" or net refund that TurboTax may show you that adds the two.   The amount for the Federal refund is on your Form 1040, Line 21a.

If it was the IRS that reduced your refund, they would normally send you a letter in about 3 or so weeks explaining why.  But these are not normal times.  With the Coronavirus situation, their letters may take longer.