• Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
surcadi

I need to file a Form 8949

The amount in question is $3.74 for a Wells Fargo Shhaaaaaaaaaaaarowner Services
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ShawnaD

From the TurboTax FAQ:  "When you enter capital asset sales or exchanges in TurboTax, we'll automatically generate Form 8949 and transfer the info to Schedule D."   https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300671

Please see these instructions for entering Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets: 

• On the Tax Timeline, select "Federal Taxes".
  • Select "Wages and Income".
  • Select "Check for more income" then click "Skip to see all income".
  • Scroll down to "Investment Income" and click "Show more" to expand the list.
  • Click "Start" next to "Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other".
  • Select "Yes" on the next screen.
  • Select "No" to  "Did you get a 1099-B or a brokerage statement for these sales?".
  • On the next screen, choose type of investment sale you are reporting and continue with the interview process.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ShawnaD

From the TurboTax FAQ:  "When you enter capital asset sales or exchanges in TurboTax, we'll automatically generate Form 8949 and transfer the info to Schedule D."   https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300671

Please see these instructions for entering Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets: 

• On the Tax Timeline, select "Federal Taxes".
  • Select "Wages and Income".
  • Select "Check for more income" then click "Skip to see all income".
  • Scroll down to "Investment Income" and click "Show more" to expand the list.
  • Click "Start" next to "Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other".
  • Select "Yes" on the next screen.
  • Select "No" to  "Did you get a 1099-B or a brokerage statement for these sales?".
  • On the next screen, choose type of investment sale you are reporting and continue with the interview process.
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v