rkhujing

I need to delete rental income because it belongs in farm rental income. How do I delete that information?

Cattlerancher

Did you receive a share of the crop as rental income? (share crop rental income)
ratings image
rkhujing

yes and pasture rent. But I entered info in the wrong spot under rental property and now I can't delete the info.
Cattlerancher

It is best to go into your Rental Property and remove the wrong entry. As a last resort, you can delete schedule E but that can cause a problem if you have more than one source of income entered on schedule E. To go to your Rental Property click the Business tab at the top of your header, Continue, I'll choose what I work on, Click Update at Rental Property and Royalties. After you answer two more questions you will come to a page that shows you need to "Edit" or "Delete" your Rental Property. If you have no Rental Property you are given the choice to Delete it. If that takes care of your problem, you are done. Otherwise you need Edit your Rental to find your wrong entry and delete just the entry.