turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I made maintenance payment on timeshare 12/26/18 & found out I made an error in my bank acct no. & it was not paid until Jan 2019? I had 2018 rental income to offset?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MarilynG
Expert Alumni

I made maintenance payment on timeshare 12/26/18 & found out I made an error in my bank acct no. & it was not paid until Jan 2019? I had 2018 rental income to offset?

When are the Maintenance Fees assessed?  If they are actually assessed in 2018 and you initiated payment in 2018, then yes, you could claim this expense against your 2018 Rental Income.

Here's more info:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6556868

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MarilynG
Expert Alumni

When are the Maintenance Fees assessed?  If they are actually assessed in 2018 and you initiated payment in 2018, then yes, you could claim this expense against your 2018 Rental Income.

Here's more info:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6556868

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you. I was concerned my bank account and timeshare company records would reflect a Jan.  2019 payment instead of Dec. 2018 which I had intended. I don't want to be fraudulent on my taxes.  Lesson learned to be more careful next year!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies