turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm getting an error that the asset type for my rental property is missing, but the only available selections are "M-Home Office" and "N-Home Office Improvement".

Shouldn't there be something called rental property?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I'm getting an error that the asset type for my rental property is missing, but the only available selections are "M-Home Office" and "N-Home Office Improvement".

I talked to a Turbotax pro on 8/27when the 8/26 update did not completely fix the issue. so it's a known bug that supposedly Turbotax is working to fix.  the 8/26 update allowed a workaround for any current year asset additions but the bug still existed for prior year assets.  for 2020 additions, by going through the questions for assets added the program would properly calculate the depreciation even though there would be no asset type shown and the list of forms would show "not done". in review for current year additions, there would be no error allowing e-filing but the same was not true for prior year assets. an error would pop up and it would take you back to select an asset type that could not be done.    call support to complain. the pro I spoke to could not give me a date for when Turbotax would have a fix.  it was a prior update to fix other issues that introduced this bug so you got to hope the fix for this bug won't introduce some other bug.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

This problem has been fixed by the update released today, September 3.

TurboTax Online is updated. If you are using the CD/Download TurboTax software, update your software.

morrisacct
Returning Member

If it's been fixed, then they screwed it up again.  I am able to see all asset types EXCEPT M and N now.

jkos
Returning Member

STILL BROKEN AS OF MARCH 2022!!!

Intuit get your act together and get this fixed already!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies