turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jly0002

I'm a Mary Kay beauty consultant, and I've made 927.82, this year, but have bought 1,329.25 worth of products. I'm unsure where to put all of that in the schedule c form

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Melaine

I'm a Mary Kay beauty consultant, and I've made 927.82, this year, but have bought 1,329.25 worth of products. I'm unsure where to put all of that in the schedule c form

You will enter the $927.82 as your income.  If you received a 1099 MISC I have included below how to enter it there.  If you received cash, I am also including instructions on how to do that below.  Each will be labeled.  For your expense of $1,329.25, after inputting your income, you will be asked if you have any expenses, select yes and follow the directions.  Because your income is less than your expenses, you will have a business loss.  If you have any other form of income, your taxable income will be reduced by your business loss.  If you do not have another form of income, the loss can be carried back up to 2 years or carried forward, up to 20.

Recording income from 1099 MISC

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4770594

Recording Cash income

To record your cash income, please follow the directions below, selecting next/continue when finished entering details.

• Select Federal Tax from top of screen
  • Then select Income & Expenses
  • On next screen select, Check For More Income, in the blue box.
  • Select, skip to see all income
  • On the next page, scroll down the screen to select Show More at Less Common Income
  • At bottom of page select Start at right of Miscellaneous Income.
  • Select Other Income Not Already Reported On A Form W-2 or Form 1099 (top of list)
  • Next - Did you receive any other wages - select Yes
  • Put a zero in space; Wages Earned as Household Employee (unless applicable).
  • Place a zero in space for Sick/Disability Pay (unless applicable).
  • Select Yes on next page; Any Other Earned Income?
  • Select Other on the next page 'Enter Source Of Other Earned Income.
  • Enter your Description of income source then cash in the next column for all cash payment.

When finished entering all, select Done.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies