turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tgayadin
Returning Member

I live in New York and have a rental property in Florida with no tangible personal property. Do I file a Florida State return?

Is the rental house itself in Florida  considered tangible property?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DS30

I live in New York and have a rental property in Florida with no tangible personal property. Do I file a Florida State return?

No. Your rental property itself is not considered tangible personal property related to the FL Form DR-405 filing.

According to the FL Department of Revenue, Tangible Personal Property (TPP) means all goods, chattels, and other articles of value (excluding some vehicular items) capable of manual possession and whose chief value is intrinsic to the article itself. Inventory and household goods are excluded. (s. 192.001(11)(d), F.S.)

For more information about this tangible personal property return, please refer to the following link:

http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/property/tpp/

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DS30

No. Your rental property itself is not considered tangible personal property related to the FL Form DR-405 filing.

According to the FL Department of Revenue, Tangible Personal Property (TPP) means all goods, chattels, and other articles of value (excluding some vehicular items) capable of manual possession and whose chief value is intrinsic to the article itself. Inventory and household goods are excluded. (s. 192.001(11)(d), F.S.)

For more information about this tangible personal property return, please refer to the following link:

http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/property/tpp/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies