rossdillingham75

I know today is last day to file 2016, but I cant find one of my 1098 Mortgage Interest Statements for one of my properties that I sold in 2016. What should i do?

Zbucklyo

If you can't obtain it by the filing deadline, you can do one of two things:

(1) If you are due a refund, just wait a few days to obtain the accurate information from the lender.  If the e-filing option you are thinking of using is shut down for 2016 (Turbotax will shut down in about a week), print and mail the return.

(2) If you owe taxes, or if you are due a refund and are intent on e-filing, approximate the amount of mortgage interest, and file with the estimate.  You can then amend the return once you have accurate information (unfortunately, you have to print and mail an amended return anyway).

See of you can get it online or faxed from the lender.
Zbucklyo