turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

davemcq65

I have tax with held when RSUs vested in 2017. The full vest value (share*price) is in W2 but I can see where the credit for with held tax is included?

I had 2 RSU grants vest in 2017. On day of vesting Fidelity with held tax (Fed, SS, Med & State) for vested stock, approx. 37% of shares were "sold/with held" to cover the appropriate tax.

In W2 the full value of RSU vest (Full # RSUs * stock price on day). So I see this being added to my taxable income as expected. What I don't see anywhere is the credit for the with held shares form when they vested.

I still have the remaining shares (not sold any shares in 2017) but have not got any 2017 Tax form from Fidelity showing the with held tax. I do have the original details in my transaction history so have all the details. Should I have received some associated tax form from Fidelity showing this paid tax from the with holdings?

So I believe I have the full benefit of vested RSU in my income but not the credit for the with held tax. Where in Turbo Tax can this be accurately entered to include this credit? I am using TurboTax Deluxe (Mac) .

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I have tax with held when RSUs vested in 2017. The full vest value (share*price) is in W2 but I can see where the credit for with held tax is included?

Simply put, the taxes withheld on a "Restricted Stock Unit" or RSU are included in the withholding reported on your W-2.  

Check your paycheck stub for the pay period in which you vested, and you will likely find it there.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies