turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have credit from the Green Energy Consumers Alliance within Massachusetts for tax-deductible payments for rental green energy consumption in 2018. Where do I put this?

I'm a renter and switched to 100% green energy last year. I have a statement for tax-deductible contributions from my energy company but can't find where to claim this deduction in TurboTax if I don't own my home. Where can I find this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I have credit from the Green Energy Consumers Alliance within Massachusetts for tax-deductible payments for rental green energy consumption in 2018. Where do I put this?

Looks like the amount would be entered as a charitable contribution on your federal tax return:

"Green Energy Consumers is a non-profit organization, and your payments are recognized as being made for the public good. They are considered a tax-deductible charitable contribution for federal income tax purposes, if you itemize on your federal return. ... Green Energy Consumers will provide you with an annual tax letter that details the amount that you may deduct."

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies