Solved: I have a rental property under sole owner LLC. Do I report this rental income under Schedule C or Schedule E?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a rental property under sole owner LLC. Do I report this rental income under Schedule C or Schedule E?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have a rental property under sole owner LLC. Do I report this rental income under Schedule C or Schedule E?

For a single member LLC - (or husband/wife LLC in a community property taxes and you elect disregarded entity) that is considered a disregarded entity for US federal income tax purposes, you will include the rental income and expenses on a Schedule E attached to your personal income tax return and you would report the rental activities for the entire 2016 tax year. You can still use your SSN on Schedule E when filing.

Once you have signed into your TurboTax Account (for TurboTax Online sign-in, click Here , then select "Take Me to My Return"), type "Schedule e" in the search bar then select "jump to Schedule e".

View solution in original post

1 Reply

For a single member LLC - (or husband/wife LLC in a community property taxes and you elect disregarded entity) that is considered a disregarded entity for US federal income tax purposes, you will include the rental income and expenses on a Schedule E attached to your personal income tax return and you would report the rental activities for the entire 2016 tax year. You can still use your SSN on Schedule E when filing.

Once you have signed into your TurboTax Account (for TurboTax Online sign-in, click Here , then select "Take Me to My Return"), type "Schedule e" in the search bar then select "jump to Schedule e".

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings