scovart

I have a 2017 capital loss carryover of 3K with no 2018 capital gains to apply it to. Can I reduce my income by 3K? if so why isn't turbotax automatically doing this?

MichaelL1

Look at Sch 1 line 13 Capital loss on the 2018 return, and it will be listed there if it was transferred from prior year.

MichaelL1

Did you transfer in the loss form 2017 to 2018?

Have you looked at Sch 1 line 13 Capital loss on the 2018 return?
scovart

Found Sc1 and it is being calculated correctly. Thank you so much, big help!!!!
MichaelL1

Great I am going to post a very short answer so others know this is answered.
MichaelL1