• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scovart

I have a 2017 capital loss carryover of 3K with no 2018 capital gains to apply it to. Can I reduce my income by 3K? if so why isn't turbotax automatically doing this?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelL1
Level 15

I have a 2017 capital loss carryover of 3K with no 2018 capital gains to apply it to. Can I reduce my income by 3K? if so why isn't turbotax automatically doing this?

Look at Sch 1 line 13 Capital loss on the 2018 return, and it will be listed there if it was transferred from prior year.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MichaelL1
Level 15

Did you transfer in the loss form 2017 to 2018?

Have you looked at Sch 1 line 13 Capital loss on the 2018 return?
scovart

Found Sc1 and it is being calculated correctly. Thank you so much, big help!!!!
MichaelL1
Level 15

Great I am going to post a very short answer so others know this is answered.
MichaelL1
Level 15

Look at Sch 1 line 13 Capital loss on the 2018 return, and it will be listed there if it was transferred from prior year.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v