Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Stan500

I have $900 business expenses for fees etc. Made no income as in past years. Plan to have income again. Thought it would generate carry over loss. Only income $10 royalty

I had income in 2013, 2014 and 2015 and expect to have income in 2017. I have about $2 on a business savings account and $10 from a very small portion of an oil well.  I thought entering expenses would generate a carry forward loss, but my return shows it for this year. I've also been told that if I don't report anything this year but start up again in 2017 it mostly likely would trigger an audit. Should I leave out the expenses or is there a way to have TT set up a carry forward?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
psistar7

I have $900 business expenses for fees etc. Made no income as in past years. Plan to have income again. Thought it would generate carry over loss. Only income $10 royalty

These amounts are too small to trigger and audit.  At most you may get an inquiry letter, and your attention to detail for even these small amounts--in the right tax year--will work to your favor.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies