Solved: I had to evict a tenant for nonpayment of rent and utilities totaling 14K is any of that deductible there is a court order in this case if it makes a difference

purplevette84

I had to evict a tenant for nonpayment of rent and utilities totaling 14K is any of that deductible there is a court order in this case if it makes a difference

Marketstar

Unfortunately, the IRS does not allow a deduction for income not received, but you can deduct all qualified rental expenses including any legal expenses paid for in this case.

See  Deductible Rental Expenses

Marketstar

See  Deductible Rental Expenses