turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I cannot find a deduction section to report my gas royalty deductions, like gathering expenses, transportation etc. Where do I put this.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
NicoleU

I cannot find a deduction section to report my gas royalty deductions, like gathering expenses, transportation etc. Where do I put this.

To enter your royalty deductions in TurboTax, please complete the following steps: 

1. Sign into your TurboTax account
  2. Select the Federal Taxes tab
  3. Wages & Income
  4. On the Your Income Summary screen (TurboTax Premier edition) or the Your Business Income screen (TurboTax Home & Business edition), scroll down to the Rentals and Royalties group.
  5. Click Start/Update next to the Rentals and Royalties line and step through the royalty interviews. You want to make sure you select Royalty property or payment, then to the Your <name> Royalty Summary screen.
  6. Click the Start/Update button next to each topic on the Your <name> Royalty summary screen to enter your rental income, expenses, assets, depreciation, and vehicle expenses.
  7. Continue to follow the prompts and enter your royalty deductions under the Expenses section, under Any Other Expenses page, you will be able to provide a description and amount.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies