I am in TX. I have a rental prop (LLC) in FL. I got K1 &reported on my Federal. TuTax is asking to do FL return, but it is $0. Do I still need to file a FL state return?

yousuf-saifullah

DanielV01

You won't need to file a Florida return.  Like Texas, Florida does not have a state income tax. Thus, the income you are receiving from Florida is not taxed there.

Florida does, however, have a tangible property tax, which your LLC might have to file (but this is not on your personal return).  If your LLC has over $25,000 in tangible property, they might want to do a tangible property return for the Florida county where the rental activity occurs..  Please see this website for additional information on the Florida tangible property tax:  http://floridarevenue.com/property/Pages/Taxpayers_TangiblePersonalProperty.aspx

Again, though, the tangible property return is something the LLC/partnership would file, if needed, and not something that you as an individual will file.

[Edited 3/23/2019:16:55 PST]

yousuf-saifullah

Can I get a firm answer.
DanielV01

@yousuf.saifullah Please see my edited answer with additional clarifying information.