kabram15

I am attempting to add a sale of the rental property w/o success under the rental property section.

Coleen3

If it was rented in 2018, you would enter it there. There are two places to enter the information. See the screen shots below.

If it wasn't rented in 2018, you'll need to enter it in Sale of Business Property. Be sure to note your depreciation amounts and any passive losses befor deleting the Rental.

To this rental sale under the sale of a business property in TurboTax Online or Desktop, please follow these steps:

1. Once you are in your tax return, click on the “Business" tab ("Federal Taxes" tab in Premier)
  2. Next click on “Business Income and Expense" ("Wages and Income" tab in Premier)
  3. Next click on “I’ll choose what I work on” (Jump to full list)
  4. Scroll down the screen until to come to the section “Less Common Business Situations” ("Business Items" in Premier)
  5. Choose “Sale of Business Property” and select “start’
  6. Select "Sale of business or rental property that you haven't already reported"
  7. Sale of Business or Rental Property - yes
  8. Enter all the information about your Rental Property Sale here