paldo25

I added Mortage interest in the rental property section (wages section) and under the mortgage section of the deductions section. Thus entered twice yet same house? Fix

Just trying to figure out best place to add the mortgage interest as again seems as I entered it twice (once under rental and once under deductions).  Again same home being used as a rental property.

AndreaG

If this property is only used as a rental, then the mortgage interest should only be added in the rental property section and the amount should be removed from the mortgage section. the mortgage section that you are referring to is for itemized deductions. Itemized deductions is where you would report the mortgage interest on the home that you live in. 

AndreaG

decaman

What if the house was personal residence in tax year, but converted to rental later the same year. Should I prorate interest on both Scheds. A and E?