turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I split 1099-Misc income among 5 rental houses

I have a property management company managing 4 rental houses.  Midway through the year I placed a fifth rental house with them.  They sent me a 1099-MISC for the total they collected for all the rental houses.  How do I split that income to the appropriate rental?  Turbo tax seems to want to apply all of it to one rental house.  To complicate matters, the first half year of the one placed with the management company mid year got a 1099-Misc from the renter for the first six months rent.  How do I handle the first six months rent from the1099-Misc from the renter and the other six months from part of the income reported on the other 1099-Misc from the property management company?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

First delete the 1099-misc you entered in the program .... then get the management company to give you a breakdown of all 5 properties income & expenses since you need to enter them on 5 separate Sch E forms. Using that info  you will now be able to skip the 1099 income screen and only enter the income on the next screen .

View solution in original post

1 Reply

First delete the 1099-misc you entered in the program .... then get the management company to give you a breakdown of all 5 properties income & expenses since you need to enter them on 5 separate Sch E forms. Using that info  you will now be able to skip the 1099 income screen and only enter the income on the next screen .

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies