Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I restore or recreate the capital loss carryover worksheet?

In TurboTax I went through the interview questions to enter my investing capital loss carryover and followed the prompt to import my capital loss carryover from my 2018 tax forms.  After I completed adding the carryover I didn't see any change in my "Federal Tax Due" amount so I wanted to cancel the capital loss carryover and use it in a later year (I learned from other posts here that I need to use it this year anyway).  A Google search said the way to remove a capital carryover loss is to delete the capital loss carryover worksheet in the Tax Tools->Tools->"delete a form" page.  I did that and then I didn't see the capital loss carryover form listed in my Income section: and my Federal Tax Due amount rose.  I went through the interview to create a capital loss carryover again but now I see all 0s for the carryover loss amounts and I see the message  "Based on the info you entered, we've calculated your capital loss carryover amounts We'll use this info to check whether your capital loss carryover can get you a tax break."  I don't see any way to import the capital loss carryover worksheet from my 2018 taxes again and I don't see a button to edit the carryover amounts.  I only see a Continue button.  How can I import or create the worksheet again?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies