• Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Miguomao
Level 2

How do I report amount of rental income that was paid by government for my tenant?

A part of my rental income last year was paid by a government assistant program for my tenant.  I have included this in my total rental income,  Can I skip this 1099 MISC form?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Hal_Al
Level 15

How do I report amount of rental income that was paid by government for my tenant?

Q. Can I skip this 1099 MISC form?

A. Simple answer: yes, since you already included the amount in your total rent received. 

In the rental income section, TurboTax (TT) gives you the option of entering  rental income on a 1099-Misc separately from other rental income, but there is no IRS requirement to enter it that way.  The IRS will only match their copy of the 1099-Misc to the total amount of rental income you report on line 3 of Schedule E.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hal_Al
Level 15

Q. Can I skip this 1099 MISC form?

A. Simple answer: yes, since you already included the amount in your total rent received. 

In the rental income section, TurboTax (TT) gives you the option of entering  rental income on a 1099-Misc separately from other rental income, but there is no IRS requirement to enter it that way.  The IRS will only match their copy of the 1099-Misc to the total amount of rental income you report on line 3 of Schedule E.

View solution in original post

Miguomao
Level 2

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v