turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I enter what I paid all year on rent ? Which category does that fall into place?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How do I enter what I paid all year on rent ? Which category does that fall into place?

For where you live?  Or for a business expense?   Rent doesn't go on a federal return.   Some states have a Renter's Credit.   That will be cover in the state return.

RENT

There is not a rent deduction or credit on your Federal return.  If your state has anything for renters you will be prompted to enter your rent info when you complete your state return.  As far as I know, the states that have anything for rent are Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington DC, and Wisconsin.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Manage cookies