Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kimmcf

I own a skid steer which I started use for my rental properties. I have not been depreciating it. Where would I write off repairs to this equipment?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I own a skid steer which I started use for my rental properties. I have not been depreciating it. Where would I write off repairs to this equipment?

Go to the Rental area, and in the Rental Summary, there is a page for expenses.  One of the expenses listed is repairs.  List the repairs under here.

As long as it ordinary and necessary business expenses they are deductible.

Why haven't you been depreciating the skid steer? Has it been used with another business?  

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Go to the Rental area, and in the Rental Summary, there is a page for expenses.  One of the expenses listed is repairs.  List the repairs under here.

As long as it ordinary and necessary business expenses they are deductible.

Why haven't you been depreciating the skid steer? Has it been used with another business?  

kimmcf

Thank you!  I haven't been depreciating it, because it was just converted from personal use last year.  We bought it to grade my property many years ago, and it has just been sitting for a few years.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies