sg1269

Gas well royalty

I want to enter the amount for a simple royalty payment but the tax software keeps telling me to upgrade because it is a business income, and it really is not. how do I enter it?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

RyanH2

Gas well royalty

Royalty Income and Deductions are reported on Schedule E (Rental Properties & Royalties). You will need the Premier version of TurboTax Online in order to include this schedule with your return. If you'd rather stick with Deluxe, you will need the CD/Download version for desktop, which includes Schedule E.

RyanH2

Gas well royalty

mowgrass1

Gas well royalty

I've done all this and completed Schedule E, but your main Premier program does not differentiate between rental and royalty income when transferring from Schedule E; thus recorrds only expenses.  Do I manually type in the royalty income?