Form 1099-B an 1099-R handling

John Strahan

Form 1099-B an 1099-R handling

I frequently check for the IRS to complete their handling of pensions and IRA's as well as stock sales.  All I get is a message that we are waiting.  Any idea on when these updates will occur?

Thanks

Form 1099-B an 1099-R handling

The IRS is drafting new 1099R forms.  Then the software has to be programmed for them, and the IRS has to test and approve of the software.  It is a complex process because of the all the CARES changes.  It could even be a couple of months—sometime in January or even February.  Meanwhile if you are trying to plan, if you have 2019 desktop  (CD/download software) for 2019 use the what if feature- in Forms mode-but it will not have that CARES stuff.

You can also try using the Taxcaster tool:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/calculators/taxcaster/

There are a number of 2020 forms that are still being revised by the IRS.  Click on the REVIEW tab to see what form(s) you are waiting for and when it is estimated to be ready (when operational ….and dates are subject to change) ... 

IRS Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Individual (Personal) Tax Products

·         

State Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Individual (Personal) Tax Products

John Strahan

Form 1099-B an 1099-R handling

I learned what I needed to know.