turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ustaxsue

Foreign rental depreciation

I have a foreign rental property, I verified in the address section that it is stated as in 'Foreign Country'. Yet when I enter the 2017 depreciation in TurboTax, the life is 27.5 years, all my previous years depreciation are 40 years. 

I verified my entries many times, still show up as 27.5 years! Could I go direct to the form 4562 to change it? Appreciate any help! Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

Just checking:

For the screen Is This a Rental Property or Royalty, you entered Location as Foreign Country and you named the Foreign Country and Foreign Province and Foreign Postal Code,

In the Is your Property in Any of These Designated Areas, you checked the first box that the Assets for this property are located outside the US or US possessions and at the bottom of that screen you checked All of the assets for this property are located outside the US or US possessions.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

Just checking:

For the screen Is This a Rental Property or Royalty, you entered Location as Foreign Country and you named the Foreign Country and Foreign Province and Foreign Postal Code,

In the Is your Property in Any of These Designated Areas, you checked the first box that the Assets for this property are located outside the US or US possessions and at the bottom of that screen you checked All of the assets for this property are located outside the US or US possessions.

ustaxsue

Spot on! Thanks so much! TurboTaxKarenJ. I missed the second part 'Assets for this property are located outside the US...' I read too fast:-) Now problem solved!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies