Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mholland1990
Returning Member

Everything related to Cryptocurrency is not showing up for me in my Turbotax account.

Hello, I'm wondering if I may have a version of turbotax that does not support Cryptocurrency?  I have TurboTax Home and Business 2021 (CD from Costco).  I've read many posts about Cryptocurrency and Turbotax and none of them seem to apply to my version.  

For example - In this turbotax guide, it mentions that it's possible to import crypto sales info from these 15 exchanges:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/cryptocurrency/help/how-do-i-import-my-cryptocurrency-transactions...
However in my turbotax, none of these crypto exchanges are an option to import from.  

Also under the "investment Income" section - the first line is:  "Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other".  However I've seen other posts of people mentioning that the section is labeled as "Stocks, Cryptocurrency, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other (1099-B)" for them.  

I'm wondering if anyone has any insight why my turbotax seems to have no information or questions related to cryptocurrency?  

TIA!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Everything related to Cryptocurrency is not showing up for me in my Turbotax account.

TurboTax's CD / Desktop edition does not officially support cryptocurrency. We recommend you use the web version for the best cryptocurrency tax support. It is possible to include your crypto with your tax return via the TurboTax desktop / CD / downloaded edition.  Customer Service: (800) 315-1481

We recommend you use TT Premier Online for Cryptocurrency

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies