Do I report money spent on home improvements pulle...

mmckinzie-ncbb-n

Do I report money spent on home improvements pulled out from a refinance even though it wasn't spent until 2020?

The refinance was completed in November 2019, with the remodel taking place in 2020.

The improvements done in 2020 are reported on the 2020 return ... the fact you took the money out in 2019 is immaterial ( you broke open the piggy bank but did not spend the money right away)

Carl

If this was on your primary residence or 2nd home, the property improvements are not reported anywhere on any tax return. But it does affect the amount of the mortgage interest you can claim on the SCH A.