turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I have to report a stock that was given to me and I sold it for $8.80 on Robonhood? I never received a 1099 B form for this stock. What do I do?

In 20/20 I bought one more stock. I bought 3 shares of AUX at $1.65 and sold them in 2021. Again I didn't receive a 1099 B form, what do I do?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

Do I have to report a stock that was given to me and I sold it for $8.80 on Robonhood? I never received a 1099 B form for this stock. What do I do?

Yes, enter it on your income tax return, if you're required to file a tax return. Enter your stock as an investment sale. See Where do I enter investment sales?

Additional information: Do I need to file a federal return this year?

You may be able to prepare your income tax return using the IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax . It's geared towards lower-income filers, regardless of tax return complexity, and is only offered through the IRS Free File Alliance (FFA) program. No upgrades are available.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You have to report every stock sale.

I don't think Robinhood mails 1099-B or other tax forms. You have to access them on the Robinhood web site. See the following on the Robinhood support site.

How to access your tax documents

You may be able to import your 1099-B from Robinhood directly into TurboTax. See the following on the Robinhood support site.

How to upload your 1099 to TurboTax

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

The tag below your question indicates that you are using TurboTax Free Edition. You cannot report stock sales in Free Edition. You will have to upgrade to Premier, or use any edition of the CD/Download TurboTax software.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies