Solved: Do I enter the short term gains or losses from the brokerage statement. I do not have a 1099, but information from by broker. If it is an IRA, do I even need to bother

jonff76

Do I enter the short term gains or losses from the brokerage statement. I do not have a 1099, but information from by broker. If it is an IRA, do I even need to bother

jerry2000
Alumni

You report on an IRA only when you put something in or take something out. Activity that happens within the IRA is not reported on your tax return.
Many brokers delay issuing a 1099-B for taxable accounts until the middle of February, so if you have a taxable account, you should wait until you get the 1099-B before filing.

jerry2000
Alumni