Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I enter 1099-B info for MT stock not sold -- it says Expire under Action, sell date 4/13/16, and zero for cost basis and gain... I did not sell the stock.

There's an odd thing on my 2016 1099-B from my broker, and I'm not sure if I need to report the info when I do my tax. I sold no stocks in 2016, yet my three lots of MT stock are listed with "Expire" in the Action column, a sell date of "4/13/2016," and zero shown for both the Cost Basis  and Gain/Loss. I still own all the stock -- nothing has changed. My broker says it may have been a "reclassification" or something, and said to ask TurboTax. Any help would be appreciated.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do I enter 1099-B info for MT stock not sold -- it says Expire under Action, sell date 4/13/16, and zero for cost basis and gain... I did not sell the stock.

IRS matches these documents so I would show this in TurboTax as $0 gain or loss.

Just to possible prevent a letter from IRS later (which really should not happen anyway due to no gain).

Broker sounds correct, it must of been some symbol or name change on it.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

IRS matches these documents so I would show this in TurboTax as $0 gain or loss.

Just to possible prevent a letter from IRS later (which really should not happen anyway due to no gain).

Broker sounds correct, it must of been some symbol or name change on it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies