Kanabar

CT LLC and CT tax registration number

Hello,

I created a LLC in CT with my wife in 2019. This LLC has been leasing one residential property in CT since JAN 2020.

Now doing the taxes for the LLC, using TurboTax for business, I'm not sure if the LLC should file a CT return.

In 2019 when I called the CT DRS about getting a CT tax registration number (CT REG), I understood that this was needed only for certain types of businesses, like those selling goods, manufacturing stuff, etc. So I didn't get a CT REG.

Today I'd like to double check. Do you think I need a CT REG, and/or file a CT return for this LLC?

As a side note, I understand that in my personal taxes I will get income coming from a LLC doing business in CT so I will file a personal CT tax return.

Thanks for any insight on this,

Christophe

Kanabar

CT LLC and CT tax registration number

I'm going to answer my own question since I called CT DRS and they gave the answer.

Since my LCC is renting out a residential property for a lease that's longer than 30 days, doesn't have any employees and doesn't sell any goods, it doesn't need to have a CT Tax registration number nor file a tax return in CT.

Kanabar

CT LLC and CT tax registration number