Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

corrected 1099 B

I have not filed my taxes yet but I have already downloaded my 1099's electronically from the financial institutions. However, I received notice that there is a corrected 1099B.  If I re-download from the financial institution will Turbo Tax pick up on the corrections or will it mess up what has already been downloaded?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

corrected 1099 B

Yes, just be sure to delete the current brokerage information before you download the corrected form.

• Continue your return in TurboTax Online. (If your return isn't open, you'll need to sign in and click Take me to my return.)
  • Click the drop-down arrow next to Tax Tools (lower left side of your screen).
  • Select Tools.
  • In the pop-up window, select Topic Search.
  • In the I'm looking for: box, type 1099-b.
  • In the results box, highlight 1099-b, then click GO.
  • Under Here's the investment sales info we have so far, click Delete (trashcan icon) at the far right of the name of the brokerage. (Click the screenshot below for reference.)
  • Answer Yes when asked Are you sure you want to remove this Form 1099-B?
  • On the Here's the investment sales we have so far screen, click +Add an Account and follow the onscreen instructions to download the corrected brokerage statement.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

corrected 1099 B

Hi, I have got Amended 1099 document from my Robinhood brokerage today (the original one had errors/missing transactions). When I try to import the data after deleting the old one like you described, I still see the old data being imported. The new 1099 has the same account number and Document ID, not sure if this is causing the issue but the new document clearly shows "Statement Date: 03/22/2021 AMENDED".

Any help is appreciated. TIA!

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

corrected 1099 B

If the statement date is 03/21/2021 and it says amended, it is the proper 1099-B to be using.

I would expect that the majority of the transactions will be the same.  The change may be a very small one.

The new 1099-B may tell you exactly what change was made.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies