turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Choose not qualify QBI but still seeing safe harbor page 199A (two of them) in the final print out pdf

I have only one rental house, I have a job and not self employed, I chose not to consider QBI, however, when I check the final tax filing PDF, I see two identical pages for 199A about rental real estate safe harbor statement... with name and data at the bottom obviously asking me to sign. Not sure why the page is there and why it is two identical pages.. (for both me and my wife or because I accidentally added the same property twice and later removed one, if so, it could be a software bug).

Not sure why this happens as I specifically changed from Yes to No (choose "None of these apply" ) in page "Do you want to use a safe harbor to qualify this property for a deduction".  And again chose No, this income is not qualified in the next page. ..

Much appreciate....

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DavidS127
Expert Alumni

Choose not qualify QBI but still seeing safe harbor page 199A (two of them) in the final print out pdf

You can delete any safe harbor statements you no longer need.  In your TurboTax Download/CD version, you click "Forms" (icon top right in blue bar).  Once in Forms mode you find the safe harbor statements you don't need in the left pane.  Click on them, and they will open in the window on the right.  Click the "Delete Form" button at the bottom to delete.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DavidS127
Expert Alumni

You can delete any safe harbor statements you no longer need.  In your TurboTax Download/CD version, you click "Forms" (icon top right in blue bar).  Once in Forms mode you find the safe harbor statements you don't need in the left pane.  Click on them, and they will open in the window on the right.  Click the "Delete Form" button at the bottom to delete.

Thank  you..

So it shouldn't have to be there.

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

Not if you are not making the safe harbor election for your rental properties.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies