Solved: Capital Gains

Capital Gains

In 2016, I purchased a condo in the state of Georgia. The condo was used as a second home until it was sold in 2019.

Georgia is not my state of residence.

My question concerns Capital Gains taxes owed to Georgia?

I'm having a difficult time finding information to determine if I owe Georgia capital gains on this sale?

The money made from this sale was re-invested in real estate through a 1031 exchange.

Capital Gains

Per State of GA Dept of Revenue Withholding Requirements for Sales or Transfers of Real Property by Nonr...

• Like Kind Exchange – The transaction is a like kind exchange and all of the income from the sale is not subject to federal or state income tax.

Note: You must have stated that this was investment property because personal property is not eligible for 1031 exchange tax deferral.

Capital Gains