Solved: Can I use the $147.37 I earned as royalties in 2017 as self-employment income & expenses, even if I didn't make enough to have a 1099 form?

amym

Can I use the $147.37 I earned as royalties in 2017 as self-employment income & expenses, even if I didn't make enough to have a 1099 form?

PatriciaV

Yes, these types of royalties should be reported on Schedule C

If you have no 1099-MISC, you may enter this as General Income, which appears on the Business Income summary page below income from 1099-MISC (see screenshot below - click to enlarge).

The easiest way to find Schedule C in TurboTax is to open your return and use the Search box at the top right side of the TurboTax header. Enter "schedule c", hit Enter, then click on "jump to schedule c". This will take you directly to the start of this section where you can set up your business and enter your income & expenses.

Or go to My Account >> Tools >> Topic Search. Type in "schedule c", click the topic in the list, then click "GO".

You will be prompted to upgrade, if necessary, to the TurboTax version that is best for your tax situation.

PatriciaV