• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Louise-Hamlin

Can I enter rental property improvements from several years ago (2012) ? Obviously, I have not taken depreciation for these. Any tips on entering them ? Thanks !

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
pk
Level 13
Level 13

Can I enter rental property improvements from several years ago (2012) ? Obviously, I have not taken depreciation for these. Any tips on entering them ? Thanks !

Cost of improvements are added to  your basis ( adjusted basis ) and allowable depreciation whether taken or not adjusts basis.  You can enter the improvements as asset(s)  and the first service date in 2012. TurboTax will compute the depreciation  and you can move on from there .  Good Luck

View solution in original post

2 Replies
pk
Level 13
Level 13

Cost of improvements are added to  your basis ( adjusted basis ) and allowable depreciation whether taken or not adjusts basis.  You can enter the improvements as asset(s)  and the first service date in 2012. TurboTax will compute the depreciation  and you can move on from there .  Good Luck

louise

Thanks !
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v