pjm44

Can I claim self-employed health insurance deduction if my only business is owning and managing rental real estate? Where do I enter it in turbo tax if deductable?

My rental business is a partnership and I report the income on a K-1

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

JulieR

If you paid the premiums out of pocket and were not reimbursed by the partnership, please follow these steps to enter the information:

1. After you've entered the information from all the boxes on the K-1, you will see a screen, Describe the Partnership.  Mark the box I personally paid health insurance . . . and click Continue.  [See Screenshot below.] 
  2. On the Any Self-Employed Insurance Costs enter the Health Insurance Premiums you paid that were NOT included in Box 13M.  Click Continue.  
  3. On the next screen, you will have the opportunity to enter any long-term care insurance costs
  4. You will be brought back to the Partnership/LLC K-1 Summary.  Click Done if you have no additional K-1s to enter.

JulieR

pjm44

Many thanks for the prompt and detailed answer.  You saved me oodles of time and anxiety.