kelseev34

Can i add my rent i pay each month?

Carl

Can i add my rent i pay each month?

Rent you pay for your primary residence is not deductible on your federal return. However, if you are required to file state taxes, some states have a "renter's credit" which if applicable, you will deal with when you get to your state tax return.

Can i add my rent i pay each month?

RENT

There is not a rent deduction or credit on your Federal return.  If your state has anything for renters you will be prompted to enter your rent info when you complete your state return.  As far as I know, the states that have anything for rent are Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Wisconsin.