As a resident of Colorado who is a student in Tenn...

mrjblakelloyd

As a resident of Colorado who is a student in Tennessee, do I have to report the rent I pay in Tennessee in my Colorado Use Tax section?

How much should I/do I need to report? I'm at the point where I have lived in Tennessee long enough to potentially be considered a Tennessee resident if that helps
Mike9241

this is not an income tax question which is the purpose of this forum.  however, logic and probably the Commerce Clause of the US Constitution would say they can't charge you use tax on out-of-state rental.   

TomD8

You do not have to pay the CO Use Tax on rent.  The use tax is imposed on the purchase of tangible goods on which you did not pay CO sales tax.

https://tax.colorado.gov/consumer-use-tax

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.**