• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
babelshaw

Although we are Nevada residents, we paid Calif income tax on the sale of a rental property. Where do I enter that deduction?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaV
Level 7

Although we are Nevada residents, we paid Calif income tax on the sale of a rental property. Where do I enter that deduction?

Yes, the tax you paid as a non-resident may be entered under the State Taxes tab for California. Work through the interview screens until you see a section for Credits and Taxes. There should be a line item for "Other Taxes (including Real Estate) Already Paid." Use the form you received from the sale of the California property to enter the amount of state income tax that you paid.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Level 7

Yes, the tax you paid as a non-resident may be entered under the State Taxes tab for California. Work through the interview screens until you see a section for Credits and Taxes. There should be a line item for "Other Taxes (including Real Estate) Already Paid." Use the form you received from the sale of the California property to enter the amount of state income tax that you paid.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings