turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099S

I hvve Turbo Tax Premier.  I sold personal use property (real estate) and received a 1099S from a law office.  However when I attempt to access the information for 1099S, turbo tax keep bring up the information for 1099B.  The boxes are different.  How do I enter the information for 1099S?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

1099S

If it is your personal primary home:

Enter your sale of your primary residence (which may require an upgrade in TurboTax), please follow these steps:

1. Once you are in your tax return (for TurboTax Online sign-in, click Here), click on the “Federal Taxes” tab ("Personal" tab in TurboTax Home & Business)
  2. Next click on “Wages & Income” ("Personal Income" in TurboTax Home & Business)
  3. Next click on “I’ll choose what I work on”
  4. Scroll down the screen until to come to the section “Less Common Income”
  5. Choose “Sale of Home (gain or loss)” and select “start’
  6. You will want to use the "Easy Guide" to determine the adjusted basis on this home

Alternatively, to enter this sale of a second home in TurboTax Online or Desktop, please follow these steps:

1. Once you are in your tax return, click on the “Federal Taxes” tab ("Personal" tab in TurboTax Home & Business)
  2. Next click on “Wages & Income” ("Personal Income" in TurboTax Home & Business)
  3. Next click on “I’ll choose what I work on” (jump to full list)
  4. Scroll down the screen until to come to the section “Investment Income”
  5. Choose “Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other” and select “start’ (or “update” is you have already worked on this section)
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies