turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

loveyoudx

1099-B form, I have transactions shows undermined. Form 8949 type is B or E (basis not report to the IRS). Do I need to include the sales in turbox tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

1099-B form, I have transactions shows undermined. Form 8949 type is B or E (basis not report to the IRS). Do I need to include the sales in turbox tax?

Yes, absolutely you do.  The missing information has to come from your own records, just like investors have been reporting that information for decades before the IRS dreamed up the concept of "covered" and "noncovered" securities.

Tom Young

loveyoudx

May I know how to find out whether the transactions are long / short sales. They are undetermined in my 1099 B. The quantity is zero, but I have number s under box 1D( proceeds).

If you  bought the stock a holding period of a year or less is short term.   If you inherited it then the holding period is long-term.  If it was gifted to you the donor's holding period carries over to you.
jiggs224

I am in similar situation with quantity 0 and total proceeds are less then $0.10. Should I report this? Turbo tax is asking me to upgrade to premier which will cost more.

No.  That rounds down to $0.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies