turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

LTI
Level 2

Royal Caribbean VS Carnival Cruise

I have a question regarding the ability of those companies to survive the next 2 years assuming their cash from operation (CFO) will be very anemic.

I have checked both Royal and Carnival cruise recent annual reports. both of them will need to borrow more next year assuming CFO will cut by 50%.both of them most probably will cut dividends dramatically and will buy fewer shares back. on top of that, both will most likely reduce their capital expenditures (CAPEX).

so they are about to take similar action to survive next year, but until now I see only Royal Caribbean reacts by approaching to increase their line of credit in case of need and announcing they will reduce their CAPEX and operating expenses next year.

the question is, why people talk about  Royal cruise as a company that might bankrupt but nobody says the same about Carnival cruise?

thnx.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Bnthr
Returning Member

Don't know why your asking.  But I don't believe these two Cruise lines are registered in the U.S.

Most are Liberian.  So who cares.

Sorry, I cannot answer your specific question, but if both cruise lines  survive the current downturn, you may be able to buy big, beautiful cruise ships at scrap metal prices.

Royal Caribbean (RCL) is selling for 39% of book value, Carnival (CCL)is selling for 36% of book value., and we may not have seen the bottom yet.

You ca track the price movements of both at bigcharts.com

Good luck to all currently invested.

Marketstar

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies