Solved: Is it possible to complete a wash sale without eve...

Is it possible to complete a wash sale without ever securing a loss?

My brokerage has identified a wash sale in the trading of a security. The progression was as follows:

1. Buy 1000 of Stock X at $2.48

2. Sell 1000 of Stock X at $2.52

3. Buy 300 of Stock X at $2.53

The purchase of the 300 shares apparently generated a wash sale, even though no loss had ever been obtained. I believed this to be incorrect, so I reached out to my brokerage. They advised that wash sales occur without a loss if the average of the buys supersedes the sale price.

Is that right?

Without even inspecting or analyzing the numbers, there is not much you can do assuming you cannot prevail on the argument with your brokerage firm.

If there is a figure in Box 1g, then you either need to enter that figure into the program or, if you omit it, be prepared to explain your position to the IRS if questioned. 

I have the same situation. As for me the best way to solve this problem it's looking for a special business app for high-performance business intelligence and data analytics. My favorite solution its www.tropare.com/data-analytics-business-intelligence-and-reporting-tools.html

what broker ?

Assuming the transactions you show are listed in time order, there is no wash sale here since you did not sell any stock at a loss.