Keish

Stimulus check with owed child support

I am curious with this whole stimulus check situation with child support. According to the articles I've read you cannot receive a stimulus check if you owe back child support but they are also going by how you filed your taxes. My husband and I filed married filing jointly and I filed the injured spouse form due to him having $0 income for the 2019 year will I receive the $2400 or anything at all?

kellyssoaps

Stimulus check with owed child support

I file IS every year & get the bigger portion of the refund.  They took our whole $2400 & are saying now we have to mail in an IS Form to get part back.

Lookout

Stimulus check with owed child support

I didn't not receive the full amount stimulus checks.  I don't now have a record of how much I got.

Stimulus check with owed child support

@Lookout wrote:

Create an account in the IRS website to view the amount of stimulus payments you received - https://www.irs.gov/payments/view-your-tax-account