Re: 8606 - Page 2 - Community

8606

The link to the form release dates said 2/12 until today. But as of 2/11 that form number is missing from the link provided !

8606

Same issue here and now it's 02/12/2020 already...

8606

@ laurie99 

It's possible the Form 8606 will be available today.  It was previously projected for today 2/12/20.   If so, a form availability update can happen any time during the day.  It doesn't happen right after midnight. 

At the moment, however, the Form 8606 is not showing in the availability table.  That could mean it's being updated.

In any case, I've notified a Moderator that it's not displayed, and they will get my message this morning.

Check back later in the day during business hours.

8606

You first said 2/5/20 then 2/12/20 now just saying soon??  One answer to another member said Waiting for the IRS -https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/list-of-available-free-file-fillable-forms

Form 8606 not even listed in this group of available forms???

8606

This is ridiculous. We can access the 2019 form on the IRS website (sadly it won't let me link to the website but a quick google search for "IRS 8606" will bring up the 2019 form on the IRS website).

Why is Turbo Tax not updating? Almost tempted to submit and then amend later if this continues. This is highly frustrating and we haven't had a proper update.

8606

waiting for 8606 is ridiculous. i need to file my taxes now!

8606

I have been waiting for the 8606-T for a full month now, and now the form has backslid from availability on 2/12/20 to Ready Soon. I've been using TurboTax for 10 years exclusively and Ive never had to wait this long to efile. The sole reason I file with TurboTax is for the convenience, but now that's no longer the case. If TurboTax no longer offers convenience for its users then what does it have to offer, "Turbo"?  Intuit there are other players in the game that do not lie to their customers. Im very disappointment. 

8606

Its a moving Target apparently.... IRS form 8606 for 2020 was available for paper use I believe around 1/22/2020. Turbotax has moved the date from end of January, to 2/5, to 2/12, and now says "ready soon" but based on the link it will be available to turbotax 2/14 and then to us 24 hours later it would appear. So possibly available to eFile this weekend?!

Would love an actual answer from Intuit / Turbotax rather than regurgitating links and IRS website data. 

8606

That form is not in the listing so what gives????

8606

Updated late this afternoon and Form 8606 now seems available.  However, no calculated data shows up in lines 6 through 12 though I’ve filled out 1099-R correctly and the form calculates a value for line 13 (the nontaxable portion of the IRA distribution used for the conversion). IRA information Worksheet is completed and shows correct totals for year end value.  Why can’t I see any calculated values in lines 6-12?