turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Stimulus check

If I received my tax refund on the turbo tax card this year ,will my stimulus package check be deposited on the same card?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Stimulus check

As of right now, they are saying the stimulus money will go in the account that the IRS has on file for 2019, or if you did not file a 2019 return, the IRS will use information from your 2018 return.  If you have the information for your card, it will go on that card.

If you have no account information on file with the IRS or the account is invalid, you will receive a check in the mail.

View solution in original post

Stimulus check

@Amberwboone  I will ask the TurboTax Moderators to see if they can find out how it is going to work with people who used the Refund Processing Service.

Stimulus check

@Hjkate  It is still early & of course the government could change things.  I would assume the IRS would use the first account.  

Stimulus check

@GoldenOfficial  Yes you will receive the stimulus money.   The government has suspended student loans.  If you don't have a 2019 return then the IRS will use the information from your 2018 return.

Through September 30, 2020, your federal student loan payments are suspended. You don't need to take any action; your payments will be automatically suspended. You will not incur any late fees or penalties. This only applies to federal student loans, not private student loans.

Stimulus check

@ssunshine007 wrote:

Can I still receive the March 27, 2020 stimulus check?

[email address removed]

Janene [removed] 

Did you file either a 2018 or 2019 federal tax return and were not a dependent?

If so, go to this IRS website for stimulus payment information - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

If you were not required to file a federal tax return then go to this IRS website for non-filers -  https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

Stimulus check

@09mom30 wrote:

Stimulus was sent to a card i no longer have  

Then the IRS will mail the stimulus check to the address the IRS has on record from your federal tax return

14 Replies

Stimulus check

As of right now, they are saying the stimulus money will go in the account that the IRS has on file for 2019, or if you did not file a 2019 return, the IRS will use information from your 2018 return.  If you have the information for your card, it will go on that card.

If you have no account information on file with the IRS or the account is invalid, you will receive a check in the mail.

Stimulus check

What if you had fees taken out of your refund?  

One tax preparer is stating that the check will be rejected by SBB and it will take 4 mths to receive a paper check? She said our version will reflect our account numbers for our turbo tax cards but the IRS has SBB info.

Stimulus check

@Amberwboone  I will ask the TurboTax Moderators to see if they can find out how it is going to work with people who used the Refund Processing Service.

Stimulus check

And if you have two accounts on Final because you split your refund well they just pick one

Stimulus check

@Hjkate  It is still early & of course the government could change things.  I would assume the IRS would use the first account.  

Stimulus check

2019 taxes aren't filed yet. If taxes were filed in 2018, will i still receive a stimulus check even if i didn't receive my refund after it was filed? It was due to student loans so refund went to the government.

Stimulus check

@GoldenOfficial  Yes you will receive the stimulus money.   The government has suspended student loans.  If you don't have a 2019 return then the IRS will use the information from your 2018 return.

Through September 30, 2020, your federal student loan payments are suspended. You don't need to take any action; your payments will be automatically suspended. You will not incur any late fees or penalties. This only applies to federal student loans, not private student loans.

Stimulus check

Will my stimulus check come onnthe same turbo card i received my refund on

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Stimulus check

"We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details."

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Stimulus check

I would love to have an answer to that question myself. The account number listed on our deposit was not our account number. What does that mean? Will Turbo Tax deposit it? 

Stimulus check

[email address removed]

Janene [removed]

Stimulus check

@ssunshine007 wrote:

[email address removed]

Janene [removed] 

Did you file either a 2018 or 2019 federal tax return and were not a dependent?

If so, go to this IRS website for stimulus payment information - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

If you were not required to file a federal tax return then go to this IRS website for non-filers -  https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

09mom30

Stimulus check

Stimulus check

@09mom30 wrote:

Then the IRS will mail the stimulus check to the address the IRS has on record from your federal tax return

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies