turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Deleting Turbo

I did my taxes on TurboTax and got signed up for “Turbo”. How can I unenroll from that new service or delete it?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
sk1
Level 1

Deleting Turbo

I am looking for the same answer. Kind of scammy how Intuit pushes people to sign up for Turbo after using TurboTax.

Deleting Turbo

Yup. The shadiness reaches a new level this year. Gonna look for an alternative next year. These guys do whatever they want. YOU can’t delete your account, they keep you tax returns on file “so you can come back later”, etc etc. The upsell on their products was constant too.
harkmug

Deleting Turbo

I have been left hanging multiple times when I tried to cancel this "Turbo" account. They don't have a phone or email, only chat. Standard response is, we will contact the "data team" and get back to you. Never hear back thereafter.

Has someone figured out how to cancel a "Turbo" account and withdraw permissions given to them regarding our financial data?
sk1
Level 1

Deleting Turbo

I had multiple "chats" with a Turbo representative about this issue. I ended up filing a consumer protection complaint with my state's attorney general's consumer protection office, as well as the federal CFPB.

However, in the last chat I was told to call TurboTax support, which I did. The TurboTax support agent was not initially familiar with Turbo and was seemingly confused about it. Eventually, he understood what I was asking...to delete my Turbo account. I was told I can delete all of my Intuit accounts, which include TurboTax and Mint.

While I have happily used both TurboTax and Mint for nearly a decade, and ideally would continue using them, I am in the process of downloading data that I need (ie., past tax documents) and will delete all of my Intuit accounts. I cannot trust a company that (1) misleads me into creating a new service account with sensitive personal information, and then (2) does not allow for that account to be deleted.  

I recommend anyone else in a similar situation to file a complaint with your state's attorney general's consumer protection office and the federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, so there is at least a record of what Intuit is doing to consumers.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies