Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I came to Canada 2014 and my first tax return is this year. I submitted the return files for 2016 and 2017. Do I still need to put the entry date?

I came to Canada 2014 and my first tax return is this year. I submitted the return files for 2016 and 2017. Do I still need to put the date on the reports? If so, where can I put and how can I change it becaouse I already submitted it. Thank you,
1 Reply

I came to Canada 2014 and my first tax return is this year. I submitted the return files for 2016 and 2017. Do I still need to put the entry date?

You would only need to put a date if your residency changed during the year, and it would be the date during the tax year. So if you went from non-resident to resident in 2017, you would put the date you became a resident. If you were a non-resident in 2016 and remain a non-resident in 2017, then no date is needed because your residency didn’t change.

You can make changes after you have filed your tax return through the CRA: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647992